Men, Let's Get Real
This page is designed specifically for all the men that are out in the world trying to plan the perfect proposal for that one special woman that has become the absolute love of his life.
So, men, let's get real. How prepared are you, truly? I can't stress enough that no matter how the proposal goes, whether or not you hire a photographer, your proposal will be a memory that she will cherish forever. That being said, there are things you can do to prepare for the unexpected and to make this moment unique.
Scroll down to see 3 things you should keep in mind when planning your proposal.
3 Things to Consider When Planning a Proposal
Picking a location to propose is arguably the most difficult to decision to make. I think it's because there are simply too many options! With option-overload, we can quickly become overwhelmed. To narrow down the locations consider the following:
- Which location represents a meaningful moment in your relationship? It could be where you had your first date, the place where you had your first kiss, or even a place where you realized you were in love.
- Are you taking a trip? Whether it's a few hours out of town or you're going out of the country, this offers a unique opportunity for proposals. If you're visiting Orlando, FL and want to propose while on vacation, reach out to me to plan this! I know the area and can help you plan the perfect proposal.
- Noise and privacy. What noise level are you comfortable with? Do you want a crowd or prefer a more intimate moment?
Season & Time
Consider the seasons! Each season offers a different backdrop for your photos (yes, even in Florida). The season will affect what you wear and where you go.
The time of day also affects the outcome of proposal photography. Everyone always says the best natural lighting for outdoor photography is Golden Hour, usually about an hour to an hour and a half before sunset. However, with proper planning, other times can work as well! As you can see from the photos above, a night time proposal is absolutely doable if we can plan a location with great lighting. The Christmas season usually offers many opportunities for this.
Have a backup plan. Check the weather a week, even a day, before your planned proposal. This is where hiring me as your photographer/proposal planner can be extremely useful! I can help you brainstorm a backup plan and stay on track with your timeline.
If you're interested in hearing more about how I can help, Click Here.
Book your Proposal Photography
How I can help you:
- Planning and ironing out the details
- Deliver beautiful photos that capture this unrepeatable moment
When it comes to proposal photography, I'm like an undercover agent! Once we plan the details accordingly, it is likely that not even you will see me photographing the proposal! This is absolutely how I want the moment to be for you two. Intimate, without a stranger holding a camera disrupting the moment. I promise it would not be that way! Once you've popped the question, I will typically give you both a few minutes together and then I'll appear and take some posed photos of the two of you.
If you have some different in mind, reach out to me! I love trying new things with photography.
For more information on how we can work together to plan the perfect proposal, Click Here.